Region : Italy
Serve hot with polenta or mashed potatoes. Enjoy without moderation with a good glass of Vintense Merlot!
- 1 chicken
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 large carrots
- 1 onion
- 10 cl virgin olive oil
- 400 g peeled tomatoes
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 glass Vintense Merlot
- Flat-leaf parsley
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Bay leaves
- Salt, black pepper
- Cut the chicken into pieces without removing the skin for more flavour.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron pan.
- Brown the chicken pieces on both sides for about 10 minutes until they are golden.
- Add the finely chopped onion and garlic and cover for 5 minutes.
- During this time, chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- Add the chopped vegetables, a pinch of salt, the pepper, rosemary, thyme and a few bay leaves.
- Pour the red wine over the chicken and reduce the liquid.
- Then add the tomato, cover with a lid and allow to cook on a moderate heat for at least 30 minutes.
- To keep the dish from becoming dry, add some hot water or stock during cooking.
- Before serving, add a handful of chopped parsley